Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween fun

We had a great Halloween with great weather, a little cold, and great company. My next door neighbor always cooks a pot full of chili and we bought over chips and cornbread. Our city celebrated it on Thursday, which I disagree with, but I guess the point is to not have the kids running and out on the streets during a weekend. Anyway, the kids went as a 70's hippie chick, a cowgirl and a Star Wars figure and I went as a pregnant women and D was a dad. Mallory woke up on Thursday morning at 4 in the morning and threw up she threw up again two more times. Needless to say she did not go to school that day and I was a little bummed because I knew she was going to miss her school parade and party. She was better in time for trick-or-treating. D stayed home with her since I had a conference and he worked on Friday and I stayed home half day.

Nathan was really cute while trick-or-treating. The first 5 to 10 houses he kept up with the kids as they ran between houses. After that he complained that his stomach hurt and wanted carried but only for a few seconds before he saw the other kids running up to another house. He hung in there for most of the night. Julianne went the entire time with our neighbors and Mallory and Nathan stayed with me at our neighbors house.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Off they go...
Photobucket
A neighbor's display
Photobucket
The high school band came around and played on our street. It was great and definitely added to the community theme.

I took Nathan to the zoo this week and we had a great time. He loved it and he talked the entire time. He was not as into the animals and wanted to leave each animal after about 30 seconds of viewing the animal. I on the other hand wanted to stay and watch the animals but I guess he was the boss that day. He really loved the train and was really excited when we got to ride it. It was a great morning at the zoo and it was nice to spend some one on one time with him.
Photobucket
Cheesy face
Photobucket
Photobucket
I tried to get him to lay on the floor and have him looking up at the bear like the bear was about to eat him but he was not into that picture. I think he was afraid that the bear would actually take a bite out of him.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-getting good looking maternity pants.
-my new spinning bike now located in my basement.
-Watching my kids run between houses gathering treats

No comments: