Monday, June 7, 2010

Lots going on

Well the past week and half have been really busy. I forgot to mention last month that Nathan did not have an asthma episode in April. But sure enough May 2 he had one. Then two weeks later he had another one. These were somewhat minor with only a few treatments each but they were still significant enough for me to take notice and document them. So I think these were more allergy related then virus related. They were minor and our other family members did not have any symptoms. So they must have been allergy related. He still has a runny nose and his legs are starting to itch. So I have been more proactive by using Elidel two times a day. This seems to really help. We have not gone to the giving him Zyrtec yet but we talked about it yesterday. I would love to not have him on that the entire summer but we will see how the itching progresses.

Mallory learned how to ride a two wheeler this weekend. We worked on her skills a little bit last week and then this weekend our neighborhood girl spent most of Saturday helping her out. She did a great job teaching Mallory and she was actually the one that taught Julianne also. So it was great that she could also teach Mallory. She now wants to open a business teaching kids to ride a bike. We told her that in a couple years Nathan will be ready to learn also. Mallory is very proud of herself and it was great to see her determination and drive to conquer this skill. We have already rode our bikes to the park and the library and she did a great job. Tomorrow we are riding our bikes to school so I know that she will have fun doing that. We have a tradition that on the last day of school we ride our bikes to school. I am working on the last day so we will have to improvise and do it tomorrow. I know that Julianne is excited and I think that Mallory will have fun also.

Photobucket Photobucket
These are the beginning shots where it was frustrating and difficult to "get it".
Photobucket
That's a frustrated look.
Photobucket
I'm still figuring out this balancing act.
Photobucket
I finally got it!
Photobucket Photobucket
I loved her curly hair.

We all painted our toe nails, yes even Nathan, and I thought it was a cute picture and then he started getting all shy on me so he was trying to hide his toe nails in the later pictures.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket


There is a reoccurring theme in our neighborhood this spring- getting new concrete driveways. Our neighbor two doors over put in a concrete driveway. That sparked our thoughts in getting ours done. So we used their contractor. Then our next door neighbor decided to finally get their driveway redone so they hired a contractor. So pretty soon we will all have new driveways. So this weeks entrainment was our neighbors driveway.

Photobucket Photobucket
Our sensitive Nathan wanting to watch the big machines but not liking the loud noise.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing Mallory's determination to learn to ride a two wheeler
-looking forward to our upcoming vacation (details to come)
-getting fresh lettuce from my garden (yes I am producing lettuce)

No comments: