We now have a hooded doctoral degree man in our household. The hooding ceremony was special and not too long. He was hooded by his advisor who is a little shorter than D and therefore D had to squat down in order to receive his hood. D was very happy that he participated in the event and it will be a memory he will always have. We had a great weekend in K-town. I got to see my former book club friends/co-workers at my friend's Hanukkah party. The host, Katie, had delicious food and we got to play the game dreidel. I had a lot of fun. It was also fun to stay later and see all her quilts, her other homemade crafts and especially her beautiful fabric. She just opened up her own
Etsy store of which I have already bought a headband. I love the headband and D said that I looked like a 50's mom when I am wearing it so I think that is a complement since I really would love to go back to that time and live a simpler/less technological life. On Friday we cleaned, patched drywall, caulked windows, and hand scrubbed a dirty deck at our old house. It was nice to be back in it and appreciate the house for what it is. The hooding ceremony was on Friday and then we went to our favorite restaurant with our good friends. We had a great time and good conversation. Saturday morning we got up, ran and then drove back to home. The drive home was much more calming since it was not raining and I knew that I was going back home to see my kiddos. It was a great visit and I would have liked to say a day longer to visit more people and to go to Market Square to shop at my old favorite stores.


D and his advisor
When we got home the kids were extra excited to see us and because they knew that we were going to get our Christmas tree. We got the tree and then decorated it on Sunday. So we had a busy fun filled weekend. The kids did well with Mimi and I knew that they would not have any problems. She does a great job watching them.
Tonight I am going to finish my Christmas shopping with my good friend Jill. It will be fun to shop with a friend and to visit and catch up on things. I cannot believe that Christmas is just around the corner. I just have to buy stuff for D and I am pretty much complete.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-having a safe drive to and from K-town
-seeing old friends and catching up
-coming back to our kids
-seeing how much the kids enjoy decorating the tree and getting out all the old ornaments.
3 comments:
great pics!
R's ear is doing better, but still oozing a bit. But his hearing seems to be ok thus far.
Congrats to the Hooded Man! See ya soon. K
What a momentous occasion. Congratulations!!! Wish we could have been there with you.
Post a Comment