Monday, March 11, 2013

Lindsay's two...

I have to tell this story before I forget it. It is about our crazy Lindsay and her inability to be small spaces for a long time. We were at the doctor’s office for Nathan and she was a complete disaster. While in the doctor’s office she was playing with plastic dinosaurs. She was continually playing with about 6 of these dinosaurs and Nathan was allowed to play with one. He kept trying to get more from her before I told him that since we were in the doctor’s office that he needed to leave her alone. So I am trying to negotiate all this child drama while trying to listen to the doctor. The next thing I know Lindsay is on the floor with her belly on the ground, her legs open and about 6 dinosaurs under her belly. She was on top of the toys guarding them so that Nathan would not steal them. She kept saying “mine, mine” while she continued to stuff more under her belly. She was basically like a turtle trying to store her baby eggs under her belly. She was storing all the dinosaurs under herself while Nathan only had 1 and at this time was not really trying to capture them. She also threw one dinosaurs, was put in time out, and then threw some boxes, put back in time out. We ended the doctor’s office talking about her behavior and that she might benefit from some natural supplements, like enzymes, or taken off milk, because of her behavior issues. Granted I know that she is 2 and these are somewhat normal behaviors but she is extreme sometimes and has the persistence and stubbornness of an animal hunting for food.

 photo IMG_3988_zpsba0856bb.jpg  photo IMG_4004_zpsf34829af.jpg
Our sweet Lindsay
 photo IMG_3995_zps86079e93.jpg  photo IMG_3998_zps4a1f62f6.jpg  photo IMG_4001_zps4cfc1c53.jpg
We were at the doctor’s appointment to mostly talk about Nathan and his blood test results. We initially went to this new doctor because she is a holistic pediatrician. Several of my friends have gone to see her and we thought it might be good to have her see Nathan. His asthma/allergies seem to be worse this winter and we don’t know there is anything else we can do for him regarding helping him fight through these issues. So she is great because she has a good mix between western typical medicines and vaccines but also has a holistic natural approach. She really focuses on food, vitamins deficiencies and behaviors. So the first time we saw her she thought that his allergies were probably not under control. So we had his blood work done to test for more allergies, celiac disease, and possible other infections. At this appointment I am referencing above we were meeting for the second time to discuss his blood work. His blood work did not show any risk of celiac disease or other possible bacterial infection. His blood work did indicate that his system was under stress but not as much as she thought. We did find out that his has a low allergy risk to milk and wheat. The numbers were not statically significant, what an allergist would go by, but high enough that they were close. He also was very high on dust mites, mold, tree pollen and a certain grass. So we were unaware of the mold or grass so that was news to us. So our next action is to take him and Lindsay off of milk. They both have some probiotics and Nathan has an Omega 3 supplement. We also give Lindsay some enzymes. We will see if this helps Nathan mostly from an allergy perspective but also because he continually has diarrhea so I am hoping that the decrease in cow’s milk with help with that. So we will see.

Basketball season is finally over and I think we are all relieved. It was a lot of work for D and Julianne since the team had a lot games and Julianne can sometimes be a hard student to coach. The past few weekends have been relaxing, sometimes even boring, but I have enjoyed getting back to relaxing, sewing, and just hanging around with the kids. Soccer season starts up soon so we will again be running like crazy but at least it will be outside and Lindsay will hopefully be a better sport. I think Nathan is excited to get back into something to do. His basketball season was short and sweet so I know that he enjoys getting out and being part of a team.

Lindsay’s birthday was last month and we enjoyed celebrating her birthday. She was not quite aware of her birthday and the presents but she still enjoyed herself. She sure does love a crowd and having lots of people over at our house. She did a great job going to different family members and actually thrived off the chaos. I think she is an extrovert and loves all the action of craziness. So we will see how that plays out as she gets older.
 photo IMG_4023_zpscfe548e0.jpg  photo IMG_4025_zps015b155f.jpg  photo IMG_4043_zps58099dff.jpg  photo IMG_4052_zps215c56af.jpg  photo IMG_4063_zps63c84f8d.jpg

All my girls have been obsessed with putting on my shoes, purses and other various items on and walking around the house all day in them, Lindsay included.  The first time she had on my shoes she tried to walk down the steps but that did not turn out well.  After that she now knows that she needs to carry down the shoes instead of try to walk down our hard wood floor steps.  It was kind of good that she learned that lesson by herself because if I kept telling her it was not a good idea she would probably protest, so I did not even have to lecture her on this topic.  That was one less fight even though she fell a down a few steps, not fun.  Here are some cute pictures of Lindsay wearing my items taking them all off then putting them back on. So indecisive. 


 photo IMG_4073_zps6fdee7c6.jpg  photo IMG_4074_zpsec0fa95d.jpg  photo IMG_4087_zpsa82b3bb5.jpg  photo IMG_4093_zps793529b0.jpg  photo IMG_4097_zpsdec39288.jpg
Alright I have had those accessories on too long.  I am taking them off...
 photo IMG_4098_zps9415f6d2.jpg  photo IMG_4099_zpsfd275ecf.jpg
OK now I want them back on.  This is how my brain works all the time.
 photo IMG_4102_zpsd17c7152.jpg  photo IMG_4108_zps9e55b6d0.jpg

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-starting a new 21 day Deepak Mediation series
-Celebrating Lindsay's second birthday
-Some free quiet time
-warmer weather weekend


No comments: