
Nathan, Mallory and Lindsay had Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. It started with Nathan, he had a high fever and sore throat over a weekend. So on Monday I took him to the doctor and she tested him but it came back negative. So she sent it off to the lab. I also mentioned to her that he had a rash on his legs but it was not very bad. Well she did not think much about it especially since he has sensitive skin and it always breaks out. That night I noticed that it got worse and it was all over his body. Mallory also started to get a sore throat. She had a few bumps on her feet. So then I knew that it was Hand, Foot and Mouth. Julianne had it when she was about 2 but hers was all over her face, hands and feet. That is why I did not really get it with Nathan, his was all over his body execpt for his hands, feet and mouth. Lindsay also started to get some bumps. Mallory and Nathan had a few nights where it really itched. I felt really bad for them. Mallory only had a few bumps on her feet and hands but they really itched. Julianne never got it, I think because she already had it. I should have thrown a Hand, Foot and Mouth party at my house for anyone interested in getting the virus.

We pulled out the slip and slide and a few days where we really needed it due to the excessive heat in this area. The kids enjoyed it and it was Lindsay's first time on it. The kids would take turns pulling her off of it so that they could slide down.

Nathan had a great summer. He learned how to swim and can now go off the diving board and swim to the edge without floaties and he learned how to ride his two wheeler. The swimming came after two sessions of swimming lessons. He was very proud of himself and it is great to see him swim to the side by himself. It is great for me because I now only have to really worry about Lindsay. I can trust that he can swim "good" enough to be on his own with me just watching him versus me having to hold him. His bicycle riding came after weeks of trying on his big bike (pictured). That bike was too big for him to first learn on. So I borrowed a smaller girl bike and he worked on for a few hours and got it. He was so proud of himself. He was really determined and taught myself. We tried together but he really did it himself. So he learned on the little girl bike and once he figured it out it was an easy transition to his big boy bike. He is a happy rider and it was timely because after he learned he took safety town summer camp. So he learned all the rules of the road and it helped him learn how to have better control while on the sidewalk and on the streets.

Lastly Nana and Gigi were in town and we had a great time with them. It was over the 4th so we went to all the holiday activities with them. It was great to have everyone together and we had lots of great times.
Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-great family mediation nights
-fun in the summer
-Having Nana and Gigi in town
-Nathan and his big summer accomplishments.
1 comment:
It was fun for me too, watching Nathan ride his bike all around the street while I was the "car watcher" for him. Didn't mind the heat too much cuz I'm used to it, so I could stand and watch for cars so he could ride a long time.
Nana
Post a Comment