Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January birthday's

Well we have finally completed all our January birthdays. Our household has 3 January birthdays including mine and D's. He gets to claim that for 8 days I am the older woman. During those times I like to say I am the wiser one for having lived longer then him. We have fun with it. We all had great birthday's. Not anything big but some nice family celebrations. I wanted to go to an indoor rock climbing place but with basketball in full swing I will have to postpone that adventure. So we went out to dinner and for D's birthday we are going to go to a local comedy show. We spent Nathan's birthday at the local Magic Mountain. We will never go to that over stimulating, games that cost more than 2 tokens (they said 2 tokens but once you put 2 in it demanded more), and bad pizza place. It was so over stimulating for D and I. The kids had an OK time. It might have been better in the warmer months when we could do some stuff outside but the kids play scape and the video games were too crowded and loud. I would go to Chuck-E-Cheese any day over this other place. So we will have to suggest bowling or another activity next time, even if it is not about us.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to me.

I can't believe that Nathan is five years old. He is such a sweet loving boy. He loves to play sports, pretend play with the girls, do his learning books with Stacy, snuggle and read books with me, wrestle with D, play the ipod, and do it all over again the next day. He really is such a great kid. I love spending time with him while the girls are at school.

Julianne started basketball season and after a few over emotional time outs she is doing well. She is still getting used to this more physical game and learning the flow of the game. She is on two teams this year and it is a lot for her but she is working through it. She is on a local girls team and a recreation co-ed league. The competition in the co-ed league is fierce but it is good for her. D is also coaching both leagues so she is learning the fundamentals and enjoying the game with her father. I am happy because that means less time taking her to these practices and it is something that they can enjoy together. She is doing a great job and picking up the skills and learning the game. She was really upset when she got her first foul and did not understand that it is OK. That means she is really in the game. She also was amazed that players really do steal the ball. She is working on her confidence and her aggressiveness. I must say that basketball is pretty aggressive and it would be hard to really get into the game. I think with time and interest she will learn to turn that aggressive power on.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Funny picture of coach D getting into the game.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Lindsay not really enjoying the game or my picture taking activities.
Photobucket
Mallory having fun with Nathan while they run underneath the bleachers.


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course I have to post some pictures of Lindsay. She is growing and eating like a champ. She loves lots of different foods so I am hoping that will stick with her, but I am not optimistic. She still cruises around and loves to crawl. She is playing with the kids more and seeks them out. She tries to hang with the big kids and what they are playing with but they don't always want to play with her. She is saying mama and dada but not really to us, just blabbling. She can also clap and wave. She loves to clap and started doing that when we were at Julianne's ochrestra concert in December. She will be one next month which just sounds and seems strange. Time does really fly by and that seems sad to me but I am excited to see what kind of personality she develops.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-good yoga practices
-warmer January weather
-another birthday
-Julianne continually working on her emotional highs
-my warm comfy bed and house
-when I do sleep well

No comments: