Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to school

I always have mixed feelings about starting the school year. Yes, when the girls are in school I can get more things completed while they are away, I can go run errands a little easier and I am not directing the kids all day, etc. However, the summer is just a slower pace and it is easier because we really don't have to be anywhere important. We can choose to stay in and hang out at the house all day or we can run errands and go to the park whenever we want to (or when Lindsay is up). There is not the rush, rush mentality that comes with school and after school activities. Additionally, I get tired of hearing myself nag Julianne to get her homework completed. This year I told her that I will not constantly remind her to complete her homework. If she does not do it then she will realize the consequences from her teacher. I think this will work and of course if she dodges everything we will go back to nagging but it just really hurts my head when I constantly have to keep telling them to do things and their whining begins. So I think this will work and she is motivated at school so I think we will not have a problem. Mallory generally likes to do her homework and reading so usually it is not a major nagging session with her. Additionally soon all the practices will start and moving and going will be our after school activity. So there are always good and bad sides to change so I am going with the flow and acknowledging the facts and moving on.

The girls were excited about the first day of school. No one was sick or had tears in their eyes on the first day. Julianne was excited that she now has a binder for all her school work so that is something new. Mallory was a little nervous about her teacher since she was completely new to the school and she did not know what she looked like. But those fears eased when we meet her the night before school.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: