Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Middle of summer?

I cannot believe that is it is the middle of summer already. D got us U2 tickets for Christmas and we just recently enjoyed our trip and concert. I remember thinking that when we got them that it was so far away and our youngest daughter was not even born yet. So time just seems to fly by. The concert was great. We had a great time and rocked it out like a young kids. The weather was perfect and it was a perfect getaway. We slept in and enjoyed our quiet time together. D's mom watched all the kids and everything seemed to run smoothly.

The kids had a few weeks of summer camps ranging from basketball, soccer, art camps, and horseback riding camps. Here are a few pictures from their latest art camp.
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mallory and her toothless smile.

Our lovely tree in the back yard has a fungus. I guess from all the spring rain it has developed this condition but I was told by a few arborists that it does not hurt the tree and an anti-fungal spray will help in the spring. We love this tree and I would hate for anything to happen to it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Lindsay is growing like a weed. We took her to her 4 month appointment and she was in the 75 percentile for weight and 85th for height. I think so far she is our biggest baby. She is still pretty easy going and loves to just be carried around. She has giggled just a little bit and she is now gaining more control over her hands. Just today I put her in the car and gave her her lovey and she took it with her right hand and put it up to her mouth and put her left hand in her mouth. Before she would stumble to grab it with both hands and hopefully get it up to her mouth. She is a thumb sucker and loves having a blanket/lovey accompanying her thumb. Sometimes she grabs my shirt and buries her face in my chest while sucking her thumb and using my shirt as a lovey. The girls love getting her up after her naps and playing with her after I feed her. While we were gone for 24 hours at the concert I pumped out 35 ounces so it was good to know approximately how much she eats within a 24 hour period.

Here are some pictures of her.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-being able to go see a concert with my darling hubby.
-missing my kids then seeing them again.
-listening to Mallory talk about all the horses and their personalities from horse camp.
-watching Nathan just dilly dally around during soccer games but when he had to compete against other kids he was into it. Additionally watching him refuse to wear a soccer jersey.
-Julianne spending an hour reading on the couch because, "she really enjoyed her book and wanted to finish it" (this never happens).
-My hubby organizing and taking the three older kids to baseball game because he wanted them to experience the game with him.

No comments: