Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nathan's belated birthday update

My sweet young son turned four a few weeks ago. He was so excited and kept asking when his party was going to happen. We had our family over and he really loved the attention and all his new gifts, like he needed anymore gifts. I cannot believe that he is four. It just seems like yesterday that he was a baby and now he is a big boy. He is pretty outgoing, talkative, and very snuggly and wants to lay in bed with me and read or play the DS a lot of the times. I love spending our Monday and Tuesday's together. We have such a great time and love to hang out with each other. I am hoping that when the baby comes he will not feel left out but I am sure that some of that will occur. I am hoping that since he is older he will experience it differently than the other kids. So we will see. I know that there will be an adjustment period and our relationship will change but hopefully it will be for the better.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
He really wanted a basketball or soccer cake but he got this one. He was happy with his moms lack of artistic cake skills.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
He loved his new punching bag. He still plays with it and it is ironic that it is Michigan since it give him even more motivation to "destroy it".

The following are house reconstruction pictures from a few weeks ago.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

These are current day pictures. The electrical, plumbing and heating and cooling have been installed and next week we are moving onto insulation and hopefully drywall after that.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Master bathroom
Photobucket
Master bedroom and bath
Photobucket
First floor expansion.
Photobucket
Another view of first floor expansion.

Photobucket
Belly shot

Photobucket
Photobucket
Kids decorating my birthday cake.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Everyone singing. So sweet.

I just have to vent for a few minutes about being pregnant. I generally love be pregnant and I have very few issues or problems. Yoga, swimming and keeping in shape keep me from having few aches and pains. I love the opportunity to have the experience of carrying children and know that it is a short term experience. I will miss it when the baby is out and the responsibility kicks in. What I am frustrated with is my restless leg syndrome. It has gotten worse with each pregnancy and I am tired of trying to lay down only to have my legs feel like they need to move. So I have to get up and move around when I really want to relax and stay in bed or on the couch. It happens almost every night and sometimes when I relax in the afternoon. When I am not pregnant it happens maybe once or twice a week and is somewhat tolerable. It is affecting my sleep and I become more irritated when it occurs. So I am looking forward to not expecting it to happen every night.

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-my family
-being able to be pregnant and carry 3 happy kids (soon to be 4).
-Having the opportunity to add onto our house.

No comments: