Monday, September 20, 2010

Nathan's first day of school

It was finally Nathan's first day of school. He was so excited about going and about an hour before it was time to leave he kept asking if it was time to go now. So he did really well. He went right in and started playing and I kept waiting for him to feel sad and cry but he did not. I must admit I was a little sad that he did not whimper a little bit, however, it was also nice to have one of my kids excited and independent enough to leave me. He has really matured these past few weeks. He seems to be older and more mature. He is up for any activity and goes into it full force and generally has a great time. I have enjoyed my two days with Nathan. We chill out in the morning, organize the house and running errands. I try to plan some sort of activity during the day and then we pick up the girls. Today we were on a task to find some buckeye trees. We found one and managed to get about 20 buckeyes. We also changed our rock tumbler grit. So we are on the last week of the four week rock tumbling odyssey. The rocks are looking great so I am sure that this will be enough tumbling for these rocks.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Julianne had her friends' birthday party this past weekend. D took all Julianne and her three friends to a local water park. The girls had a blast and D had a good time with them. The girls were much calmer this year, I don't know if it was because one of the girls feel asleep early or they just matured. They did not have any crazy, coming upstairs screaming and running. After they got home they watched a movie and played Clue. Then we sent them downstairs and we think they fell asleep around 12. They did not get up until 8 which I thought was pretty late for the girls.

Photobucket
Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Funny Julianne face

Other random pictures
Photobucket
Mallory lays out her clothes before bedtime. It is so cute because she is starting to match hair bows and bracelets with her outfits.
Photobucket
So since I had my camera upstairs taking pictures of Mallory's outfit I thought I would take pictures of the kid's sleeping
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Nathan's new bike. He looks adorable riding it and he can sure ride it far for being so small.
Photobucket
Mallory on her roller blades. She lasted for about 5 houses, then we had to turn around because it took her about a half an hour to get that far.
Photobucket
That looks like it hurts (her bow legged feet)
Photobucket
Oops she fell down again.
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-seeing a hawk out my window on Saturday morning. The kids and I watched it for about 5 minutes before it flew off. It was stalking our squirrels.
-Watching Mallory make cardboard, rose petals cards for everyone at Julianne's birthday party and Nathan, myself and D. It was super sweet of her to make these cards and then pass them out to everyone.
-D willing to take the girls to the water park and actively participating in the kids birthday parties.

No comments: