Saturday, June 27, 2009

Family togetherness week

Well we had are annual "family meeting/reunion" this week and it sure was a busy one. We had meetings on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning. All the guys went golfing on Thursday afternoon and on Friday the kids went to the Homeless Families Foundation to serve the kids White Castles. Then we were at the zoo for the evening. The kids, well I guess I should say Julianne, enjoyed the Homeless Families Foundation. Julianne was in charge of giving the kids cookies and Nathan handed out plates. Mallory for some reason was not into it and just hung onto me or her aunt. The kids at the center really enjoyed us coming to their school and I heard several comments saying that it was the the best day ever and that they loved White Castle. I talked to a couple of kids that said they did not like WC but they really liked the chicken rings we served and the cookie. Either way it was fun and it was great to get the kids out in the community. Here are some pictures of the event.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My friend Jessica just dropped off my share of the CSA for this week. Well actually I think it is the entire share since she is going out of town. I think she left me the entire share but I have still not heard from her so I am not sure if it is or not. Either way it is a lot of veggies. We have two heads of romaine and a green leaf lettuce, six heads of kohlrabi, two zucchini and some green onions. I really have no idea what to do with the kohlrabi but my friend Jessica has already experimented so I am going to use her Asian salad recipe and make that. I guess the kohlrabi is a type of cabbage so I can use it in the Asian salad.
Photobucket

Things I am grateful/thankful for:
-visiting with my entire extended family
-getting out in the community to do some service
- Nathan saying his favorite part of the day was sharing ice cream with me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm grateful for a wife who cares so much about our kids, and who takes the time to chronicle our lives ....